Monday, September 10, 2012

BetterU at the Arc Race


Anna:

The Arc race was so much fun. It was great to see Laura, Roseann and Beth and see them running! We also had time to laugh, catch up and take pictures. I was also glad that my husband was there and got to meet everyone.
I was very proud of my husband as he placed in the top 50 at the race! For his age group he placed eighth. We both had so much fun that we signed up to do another 5K in October with our goal to beat our times. So what are your goals? What are you doing to get there?

Roseann:

My weigh in on Friday was non-eventful. I had stayed the same this week, no weight loss. I was not surprised, as I did not move as much as I would like to have, because of all the meetings I HAD to attend during the Superintendent’s Conference Day. But, I am not discouraged, as I remained the same, and continued to work hard. Grateful that I was still able to exercise, and remain healthy.

Saturday was a blast!! Went to the ARC race with 3 of my fellow Better U challengers. Three of us walked together, and Beth, who we are so very proud of, ran with the Fleet Feet group she had been training with. Everyone did great! We walked most of the way, but ran our way to the finish line. It was my first race, and I can’t wait to race more! I think I have a new obsession!

Sunday I made a cathartic change. I went through my closet and removed all of the clothes I have shrunk out of. I have shown the universe, that I am serious about this, and that this is not the end of my program, but just the beginning of the vast changes that I have begun, and will continue for several more weeks. I have reached some of my initial goals, and look forward to reaching ALL of them. I keep moving forward, knowing, that all my hard work will pay off. I have stepped out, taken the challenge, and have begun to see success. But as I said before, this is just the beginning.

Today, we begin the 12th and final week of the Better U program. It is sad to know that it is almost over, but words can’t express how grateful I am for all that I have learned, the friendships I have made, the changes that have taken place, and knowing that my life is forever changed for the better. Thank you, AHA, Gold’s Gym, St. Joseph’s, Lisa Cavallaro, the BetterU challengers, my friends, family, and all of you reading this blog. Because of the love and support of everyone, I and the other challengers, have journeyed successfully towards a healthier heart.

With gratitude, and thanks,
Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment